Thursday, October 3, 2013

unanswered prayers


 God said, "It is not because he is despicable that I delay My gift to him: that very delay is an aid. his need brought him from heedlessness to Me, pulling him by the hear to My lane. Were I to satisfy his need, he would go back and immerse himself in that game. Although he laments to the bottom of his soul: "Oh Thou whose protection is sought!" ---let him weep with broken heart and wounded breast. For I am pleased by his voice, his saying "Oh God!" and his sercret prayers... People cage parrots and nightingdales to hear the sound of their sweet songs. But how should they put crows and owls into cages? Who indeed has heart tale of that?... Know for certain that this is the reason believers suffer dissapointment in good and evil. -Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment